Move offers cardiovascular fitness assessments to help guide our clients with where to start with their fitness programmes, as well as to progress current exercise regimes to optimise effects.
Initial assessment includes the following:
- Risk factor identification questionnaire (for heart disease)
- Body composition testing (including weight, body fat percentage, muscle mass, basal metabolic rate)
- BMI calculation
- Hip-Waist ratio calculation
- Aerobic fitness (V02 – max, and heart rate max) – using the Polar Fitness Test, which is done at rest and therefore safe for all patients
- Muscle strength tests (trunk, lower and upper limb testing)
Medical review is sought prior to commencement of any aerobic exercise programme if you have a history of cardiovascular disease or other chronic conditions.
Exercise programmes are formulated based on the issues identified in testing, with your personal goals in mind.
Careful attention is given to selecting safe and effective exercises which respect your current fitness and any pre-existing conditions which may inhibit your performance.
The exercise may be home or gym based depending on the your needs and preferences. The programme sets out the type, duration, frequency and intensity of exercise required to achieve results.
Review of progress is planned initially for 6 week intervals until you are confident to progress your programme independently.
A comparison report for each review clearly shows which factors have changed, by how much and how they compare to normal age and sex matched individuals.